This luscious swirled cheesecake dessert is a no bake, mix-and-chill recipe. Plus, each slice is under 200 calories!
- ¾ cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- ½ cup sugar (see Tips)
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup orange juice
Prep: 35 m
Ready In: 8 h 35 m
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed graham crackers and melted butter until crackers are moistened. Press mixture onto bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Cover and chill while preparing filling.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the reduced-fat cream cheese, ¼ cup of the sugar, ¼ cup of the milk, the vanilla, and orange peel. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine fat-free cream cheese, pumpkin, remaining ¼ cup sugar, remaining ¼ cup milk, and the pumpkin pie spice. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir 1 tablespoon of the gelatin mixture into the white cream cheese mixture and the remaining gelatin mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over chilled crust in pan. Carefully pour white cream cheese mixture over pumpkin mixture. Using a narrow, thin-bladed metal spatula or a table knife, swirl pumpkin and white mixtures.
- Cover with foil and chill overnight before serving. To serve, using a small sharp knife, loosen cheesecake from side of springform pan; remove side of pan. Cut into wedges.
- Tips: If using a sugar substitute, we recommend Splenda® Granular, Equal® Spoonful or packets, or Sweet ‘N Low® bulk or packets. Be sure to use package directions to determine product amount equivalent to ½ cup sugar. Nutrition Facts per serving with sugar substitute: 149 cal., 7 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 23 mg chol., 331 mg sodium, 12 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 9 g pro. Exchanges: 1 other carbo., 1.5 fat Carb choices: 1
- To make ahead: Prepare as directed through step 5. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Serve as directed in step 6.
- Diabetic Appropriate
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Per serving:
- 148 calories
- 7 g fat(5 g sat)
- 1 g fiber
- 12 g carbohydrates
- 9 g protein
- 3 g sugars
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (123% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 1½ other carb, 1½ fat
(Recipe found at www.eatingwell.com)